Cold Weather Bird Watching


With the temperatures dipping to uncomfortably cold (-24 C not factoring in the windchill) there is not much pleasure in being outdoors (for me at least).  As I get older I find myself less tolerant of the winter weather.  To add insult to injury yesterday my sister sent me pictures of the blossoms in Victoria, B.C. and once again I find myself wondering if a move west is in my future. 

Blossoms in Victoria B.C. Feb 15, 2015.

While I am warm and cozy inside I remember that there are creatures outside that are not so fortunate.  I made sure the feeders were full for my feathered friends and watched them for a while.  

Chickadee

Downy Woodpecker

Even my resident rabbit came out for some scraps.  That got me to wondering how I will keep him from eating everything I plant this spring.




This jay was not happy that the cat was outside enjoying the winter sun.





How many days till Spring?




Comments

Popular Posts