Cheer for a gloomy day

Saturday was very gloomy. The skies dark and heavy. Not that cold but a damp that goes right through you.  

A trip to the indoor market in Milton brought a bit of colour to the day.  All manner of colourful root vegetables.  We had turnip with our stew that night.  I have always loved turnip but don't eat it often as it is not a favourite of the kids.  My daughter might have changed her mind now though.  I see more turnip in our future.  




Lots of brightly coloured root vegetables.  


Green growing things!  And colourful flowers!  I bought some potted daffodils and they are blooming now, brightening the kitchen.


This salami caught my eye but I did not buy any.  Maybe next trip.  


Today we have a fairly good snowfall.  Light and fluffy.  It looks pretty but I am very ready for Spring.   Spring however, is not ready for us.  I will not complain about today's snow as it is a small amount in comparison to what is to hit the eastern coast of the United States tomorrow.  New York under 3 feet of snow?? Yikes.








Comments

Popular Posts