Time


Time flies
Time ticks
Time races
Time marches on
Time gets wasted
Time stands still
Time slips through our fingers
Time waits for no one

One thing it never does is STOP.

Sometimes it seems we have time on our hands, but not often enough. More often it seems to be disappearing before our very eyes as we rush through our days from one thing to another. Speeding past as if twenty-four hours were two.

It must have something to do with always being in a hurry. Always trying to meet some deadline. Scheduling a year in advance. We race around always feeling behind the 8 ball. And what for? We are so busy planning what's next that there is no time for what's now.

As I watch the sun go down - a sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky with each passing day - I am reminded of the passing of the season, the passing of time. It will not stop and wait for me to enjoy the moment. That is up to me.

I would love to take off my watch and have no calendar for an entire year just to see what it was like.





I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo."So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”  
J.R.R. Tolkien





Comments

Popular Posts