Putting Down Roots

There is a bit of a "Nomad" in me I think.  Of course I have not moved for the traditional Nomadic reasons (seeking better pastures), but the amount of times I have moved in my life feels Nomadic to me.  48 years and 16 homes is an average of moving every 3 years.  I have been in my current home for 4.  This summer I have felt the stirrings of "it's time to move". There are various reasons for this urge.  All of them sound in logic.  But I don't feel like moving really.  I like it here.  It feels like home.  It's not perfect, but it's home.  I also kind of like that my house used to belong to a good friend who loved this house also.  

Good vibes. Good neighbours.  Good house.

The bottom line is I have planted roots. Both literally and figuratively.  My garden has taken root and I love it. The tree (a honey locust)  we planted in memory of our beloved Murray dog (named the Murray tree) is something I don't feel like leaving behind any time soon.

Perhaps my roots are firmly planted... at least for now.

Go ahead and paint your room Meghann.





The Murray tree


Comments

Popular Posts