Heat Wave

Southern Ontario is in the midst of a heat wave.  "Extreme heat alert" says the guy on the radio.  Though the heat does not wear me down like it does some people I find myself longing to be near (or better yet, in) the water.    I envied these paddlers and sailors this morning. Picture perfect stillness on Lake Ontario. The sky and water almost colourless in the humid hazy air.  The sounds of the oars hitting the water travelled far across to where I walked on the pier with my camera.  It was with "extreme" reluctance and a sigh I left the waterfront to start my workday.











A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. 
~Henry David Thoreau



Comments

Popular Posts