Surrender

Only after finally surrendering have I realized how much I was resisting. Resisting change, happiness and love. Stubbornly holding on to routine, order, and control - not to mention my heart.  I felt that if I was in control then nothing bad could happen.  What I didn't quite grasp was that I was giving up the opportunity for something good to happen too.  



Thank goodness for the patience of those who have waited for me to start living again.


Exhalation is the act of letting go, the release, the surrender, the trust, that otherwise seems like mumbo jumbo psychobabble coming from another New Age guru with a book and website. Just exhale, and you’ll realize that all this time you’ve forgotten to exhale. You’ve become tense and constricted in your fearful distractions and your anxious grasping. All this time you’ve been holding onto your breath, choking yourself, and now all you have to do is exhale.
~ Karen Maezen Miller 

Comments

Popular Posts