A Piece of the Puzzle

In my last post I wrote that I was weary of winter.  I still am. If a warm wind was to blow in today and melt the snow and bring the buds out on the trees and hints of green pushing through the soil I would be very pleased.  

I haven't seen any Robins yet and I count on the birds to give me a hint about spring.  Last year at about this time we enjoyed some early warm weather and I planted lettuce. I think my lettuce planting days are still a long way off this year. 

Even with being tired of winter there is still beauty in it.  I went for a brisk walk on Friday lunchtime.  The sun was mostly out, but it was in fierce competition with a cold wind.  

The ice was breaking up around the Pier looking like floating puzzle pieces.

Empty docks and a view of the Toronto Skyline


There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
~ Deepak Chopra 


When I am at the lake it is easy to remember what a small speck in the universe I am, and because I am a small speck my worries are microscopic and unimportant.  It is good to feel small.


The vast expanse of Lake Ontario
 


I called the swans to me and they came.  No magical power .. I am sure they thought I had food for them.  They were disappointed.  I was waiting to try and capture them with their bills together as swans do to make a  heart shape but this pair were not in a loving mood although they seemed to have quite a bit to say to each other. 








A more romantic pair.. taken last year





Comments

Popular Posts