White Walk

A late afternoon walk in the whiteness.
Everything seemed, at first, devoid of colour, covered in white.  
Here and there muted hues of grey, blue, lavender and pale golden straw in the snow.  




The weak February sun giving way to the lateness of the hour and a new system moving in 
(freezing rain.. snow?) announced by mauve grey clouds.







It was quiet.  The world hushed as it gets with a thick blanket of white. 
Just the sound of my footsteps in the snow which is deep enough to make walking difficult.  
The cold trickling of melting snow in my boots, 
but the walk and scenery too enjoyable for me to care about the mild discomfort.




Nobody else in sight although this is usually a well travelled path.  

The smell of wood smoke in the air stirring up memories; feelings.




My imaginings take me to another lifetime, deep in the woods,
far from civilization tracking the wild animals... ha ha




  

Comments

Popular Posts