My Path to Wellness


I am not sure when I started feeling exhausted all time time.  It might have been September or October or thereabouts.  As my energy drained so did my enthusiasm for many of the things that I normally enjoy (like getting up early on the weekend to go walking).  I had to push myself hard to get anything accomplished and as the weeks and months went on I was sleeping more and doing less and less.  Many times I arrived home after work wanting nothing more than to be able to get into bed.  In fact, most mornings my first thought of the day was that I couldn't wait until bedtime.  I realized that this was not just normal "life is stressful and busy" fatigue and booked an appointment with my family physician and a naturopath.   I learned that I am severely depleted in Iron and vitamin D.  No big surprise that I am tired.



And so my path to wellness now includes a multitude of vitamins, an iron rich diet (this means lots of dark green vegetables, and yes, red meat) along with yoga, meditation and my spiritual journey.  I still do not know where my path is leading me, but hopefully now I will have the energy to get there.


Vegetables for "Ironman" Soup


Mmmm Soup!


Vitamins


For the mind and spirit
For the body and spirit




Comments

Popular Posts