Backyard Bird Watching

I love to watch the birds that come to our feeder.  The activity and sound brings so much life to the backyard.  With the return of the warmer weather (present weather excluded) the robins are back along with the red winged blackbirds.  I am sure they are as put out by this April storm as I am.  

There is not much I can do but hunker down and wait for mother nature to regain her good temper. The birds are braving the winds and pelting freezing pellets for some seed.  I feel a bit sad when the feeder becomes an all you can eat buffet for the bigger birds but such is the cycle of life. 

As for spring, it will come sooner or later....right?










The below pictures were taken in better weather a few days ago.  






Jack likes to watch the birds too.  And sunbathe.


Comments

Popular Posts