Time Marches On

Dear Greg,

A year has passed since you left this earth for whatever lies beyond this life.  Time has marched on  like it does, never stopping for anything or anyone.  Mom misses you very much and misses your conversations about hockey and music.  She says you would be happy with the young Leaf's team that are showing promise.

I hope that you are in a better place without the troubles that life brought to you in your later years. Whenever I hear Neil Young I pause for a moment or two and remember you.  I was pleased to be able let you go at our old cottage as it is a place that has remarkably remained almost unchanged since we were carefree children there. I am sure you were happy about that.

I choose only to recall the happy times we had together.  Our brother, leading us on explorations, teasing us mercilessly, taking us for boat rides, catching frogs, getting us up to no good. Whatever else there was, I have chosen to forgive and forget because in the end it really doesn't matter, does it?

I am sure I will see you somewhere over the rainbow sometime.  Till then, say hello to Dad.

Love Allison

Comments

Popular Posts