Plotting

Plotting, scheming and dreaming is all that I can do right now, but it will have to be enough.  There comes a time each winter, when we are still deep in the depths of it (winter), that my thoughts turn to the garden. I can't help myself.  I can keep my mind from the garden for a little while after it has been put to bed, but then once more, the yearning returns.  My imagination runs wild with visions of tiny green sprouts peeking out of the dull brown landscape and my heart and soul longs for early spring to awaken my senses once more.  

There are times during the winter that I feel I am sleep walking through life just waiting for the season to change.  Though I manage to find pleasure and productiveness in non-gardening activities, they are not quite the same.  For the gardener in me only the textures, colours, scents and sounds of the garden returning after the winter rest, and the joy I find in watching things grow, will really fill my soul with what I need.  

For now there are tulips.






Comments

Popular Posts