Searching



I've forgotten what it's like
to feel comfortable in my own skin
before the hurt
invisible wounds
I want to return home
to myself
I am always searching searching
for something to fill my heart and soul
with purpose
searching for something that sings to me
and calls me back home
to who I am
with a light step and sparkling eyes
trusting
optimistic
somewhere inside me she resides
waiting for an invitation
an opening
waiting to come out
waiting to be
not conforming to expectations
not pleasing pretending or trying
just being
feeling
living
knowing instead of questioning
unafraid
light
healed
whole
perfect imperfection
okay

Comments

marian rose said…
Feeling the same way... experienced a great loss, and have lost sight of who I am, purpose and meaning... and desiring more gratitude, optimism, and sunshine in my loss. It always helps to realize I'm not the only one. So thank you
Allison said…
It is very hard to find your strength after a loss, but it is there. Allow yourself to feel all your feelings and they will pass through as they must, leaving room for you. Wishing you peace and love.

Popular Posts