There's nothing like the smell of a fresh box of crayons.

There is another season slowly creeping in - Autumn.  Already there is a change in the energy, in the air.  The cicadas make themselves known with their high pitched sound high up in the trees, the squirrels and chipmunks are running around industriously gathering up acorns and distributing them in hiding places around the neighbourhood.  Starting in the evening the crickets keep up a constant chirp lasting well into the wee morning hours.  The sun is setting earlier and rising later,  cooling down the air temperature enough to leave a dew on the grass in the morning.

As summer winds its way down I have a deeply ingrained feeling of needing to get ready for something.  It is a strange sensation now as I am long past the days of needing to purchase back to school supplies while both dreading and looking forward to the routine of the school year and packing lunches.  But still, even now I feel like I need to be as industrious as the squirrels, getting ready for the next season.

Maybe I will use the energy to try and get myself back to some sort of routine. Maybe a day planner and new pens will get me going. For now I will just sniff the box of crayons and remember fondly days gone by.









Comments

Popular Posts