Popcorn for dinner

This post is not about popcorn, or dinner, although I am eating popcorn and it is my dinner.  Don't feel badly for me, I am happy about eating popcorn for dinner today.


It has been quite a while since I posted a blog here.  I have posted other blogs about our Bruce Trail hikes but that doesn't count.  It doesn't count because those are easy to write.  The topic is there, the pictures are there, I don't have to think or spill my guts.

This place is harder. This blog is me.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  The things I do and don't do. The things I think, feel and dream.

Lately there has just been chaos and overload.  No time to be here with my thoughts and feelings.  No time or space to eat popcorn for dinner.

I am not really complaining, but I know it sounds that way.  Life has changed for me. Finding balance is harder.  Divided between different things that take my time and attention.  My time for blogging (and eating popcorn) has dwindled significantly.

And lately when there has been time there has been only overwhelming billions of thoughts and feelings swirling around and around and not being able to find their way out to anything with any semblance of order or sense.  Like now. Only worse.

There is guilt about not blogging although I know I am the only one who cares.  G. is my middle initial (really) and guilt is my middle name (not really, but figuratively).

I want to know what do you do when other stuff in life has taken hold and they have no time for YOU?  When you don't feel like yourself.  Like an impostor is inhabiting your body and mind.?

I try and try to come back to myself with yoga, walking, gardening and bubble baths.  But nothing is soothing for any length of time.

Peace has abandoned me.

And damn it, my popcorn dinner is a little burnt.


Comments

Réal said…
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed.
Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." Denis Waitley

Your blog is a part of it Allison! It takes time, courage and perseverance to feed a blog as you do. I love to follow you through it.

Popular Posts