Contemplating Life

This time not my life so much as the life of this tree.  I received a notice in the mail this week that the Ash tree on my property (a town owned tree) is either going to be treated or removed due to the Emerald Ash Borer.  

Which?  

That is still to be determined.  I contacted the Town and asked, but they have yet to inspect my (their) tree to determine if it can (will?) be treated or if it must (will?) be removed.  

They will replace it if they remove it but how can a little baby tree take the place of a 40' (or more) beautiful mature tree? When you live in the suburbs, trees are a cherished thing.  The removal of one makes a big difference to the shade canopy and habitat for birds and other wildlife.  I love to see this tree from my bedroom window in all seasons.  I am crossing my fingers that it will remain because if it is taken down I will be very very sad indeed :(


The culprit
The destruction






Comments

Popular Posts