A Season of Storms




Storms have been blowing in turbulent and tumultuous.  Changing the atmosphere, stirring things up, unsettling the balance, keeping us on our toes.  This is how it is in the world right now and in my own little orbit.

So many things.. but the most pressing and heart-wrenching for me right now is someone near and dear to me.

I have never really thought to use this blog as a platform for earning money.  That is not what it is about for me.  I am not really great at asking for help as I am fiercely independent - annoyingly so to some people.  A trait that runs in our family :).

I am asking now for help for my sister Katherine.  She has breast cancer and will be struggling this year during her chemotherapy treatments to make ends meet for the basics of food and a roof over her family's head.  This might be a hard concept to understand for some people.  But there is no long term disability insurance, nothing to fall back on.

A serious storm.

When the storm passes we will see we are stronger than we thought, but until then we are afraid.

I don't know who reads my blog. I see the numbers, but I don't know who you are. If you can help, any amount is appreciated.  To donate please go to the following link: https://www.gofundme.com/for-katherine-f-cancer


Something like a storm coming in,

too many parts of larger things,
and a change in atmosphere.
I've been expecting you, expecting you.
~ Great Lake Swimmers - Something Like a Storm 



Comments

Popular Posts